Peoples opinions of Broag boilers ?

Mehran, I asked just that about the Vokera yeaterday up there, I was informed that as long as you have 12mm side clearance and a socket set you can 'wiggle' the burner out as it is very short.

Didn't like it at all bet theres going to be a lot of swearing if things have to be replaced :rolleyes:

I really liked the Broag as well, probably rated it as about the best mass market boiler there.

Sponsored Links
mehran said:
also because the burner and hx is mounted sideways you not going to get it out from the front. add this to when some ding bat put the cupboard right up against the side of the boiler you will never get the b*****r out.

I went a little further with my questioning ! The smaller plates can just come out from underneath but the larger one you have to remove the combustion assembly.

The burner/HE comes out by dissing the water and gas and removing two screws underneath and then it unhooks.

Even so I did not like the design much. But its a large company within Europe and must have confidence in their design.

Tony

Another thumbs up from me.

These are standard issue for me when spec'ing a commercial boiler (the Quintas), so I see no reason why the domestic stuff should be any different.

As said above they have a wealth of info online and are a good comapny to deal with for warranty/spares stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back