Peoples opinions of Broag boilers ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will be upgrading our system from a sealed system boiler/tank system to a Combi boiler (wait for the flames ..........)

Reason for going for a Combi is that three of us have showers in the morning (one after the other - not all at the same time) and at random intervals have one in the evening so instant hot water is a must but I dont want to be messing about storing hot water in tanks.

Narrowed down my choice to Vaillant, Worcester Bosch and Broag.

Looking at specs and what you get for your money the Broag seems to win hands down. I can get a 35k BTU Broag boiler for around the £800 mark and its features are pretty extensive. Broag are also the only people out of the three who have answered any of my emails.

Any opinions on the Broag boilers ? I know everyone seems to favour the Vaillant / WB but I like to be different :p

Dom

Sponsored Links
Never fitted one, but they have a very good reputation/pedigree. If I didn't fit Vaillants I would be looking at these as a alternative ;)

About 90% of the boiler is common to other manufacturers eg heat exchangers/fan/gas valve/brassware.

So it comes down to how well its screwed together and the circuit boards that will be Broags own design.

All a bit to new on the scene in the UK but should be OK.

picbits said:
Will be upgrading our system from a sealed system boiler/tank system to a Combi boiler (wait for the flames ..........)

Reason for going for a Combi is that three of us have showers in the morning (one after the other - not all at the same time) and at random intervals have one in the evening so instant hot water is a must but I dont want to be messing about storing hot water in tanks.

Narrowed down my choice to Vaillant, Worcester Bosch and Broag.

Looking at specs and what you get for your money the Broag seems to win hands down. I can get a 35k BTU Broag boiler for around the £800 mark and its features are pretty extensive. Broag are also the only people out of the three who have answered any of my emails.

Any opinions on the Broag boilers ? I know everyone seems to favour the Vaillant / WB but I like to be different :p

Dom

Don't they sell under the name Remeha? The Highline boilers which appears the same basic components are under £700, as is the BIASI.

Who sells for £800.

Sponsored Links
Dont laugh but initially spotted it on Ebay - turns out the guy selling them is a member on this forum as well and is Corgi registered so can fit them.

He hasn't responded to my last email though so looking at alternative installers.

You should be able to pick up a 28Kw combi including flue for about £620 + VAT.

Ignore Drivel, his handle says it all :rolleyes:

lcgs said:
Isn't DIA a broag guy?

Yes :LOL:

The Remeha is the model Water Systems.

Brilliant boilers even if you do need a degee in rocket science to set them up. If our sparkie is unavailable we always get the manufacturer to commission them.

Why? because it does my one remaining brain cell in :LOL: :LOL:

psssssst consider the weather compensator as well, dam expensive but worth the extra.

psssssst 2, don't take too much notice of drivel, you cannot compare them with the bake bean cans that worcester, potty etc mass produce for the lower end market

doitall said:
psssssst 2, don't take too much notice of drivel, you cannot compare them with the bake bean cans that worcester, potty etc mass produce for the lower end market

What is so special about them? They look well..er..er..like another combi to me, using standard bits used by many makes. Kits really. May as well buy a BIASI or Heatline kit.

Doctor Drivel said:
doitall said:

What is so special about them? They look well..er..er..like another combi to me, using standard bits used by many makes. Kits really. May as well buy a BIASI or Heatline kit.

My Pajero looks like a car but would you compare it with a Skoda

Quality drivel, pure Quality

doitall said:
Doctor Drivel said:
doitall said:

My Pajero looks like a car but would you compare it with a Skoda

Quality drivel, pure Quality

But it is using the same components as most others. What is so special about the quality of their bought in bits?

doitall said:
Brilliant boilers even if you do need a degee in rocket science to set them up

Are they really that bad ? I've had a quote for a Baxi 105 instant but my installer said he would fit someting else if I wanted it

Paul.

Remeha Broag will better that Baxi just on ethical trading for a start. :)

quickie said:
doitall said:
Brilliant boilers even if you do need a degee in rocket science to set them up

Are they really that bad ? I've had a quote for a Baxi 105 instant but my installer said he would fit someting else if I wanted it

Paul.

Yes, you have to simply work your way through the book. Once it's all set-up the user instruction are straight forward.

The boiler goes through a self diagnostic mode, so you don't ever need to touch it.

As for the Baxi, fine if you're not intending to stay more than a year.

Have a look at the Atmos as well another made to last boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back