Pergo laminate v Castle Rock & others

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am intending having a top end laminate floor laid, however there is so much choice out there that it gets confusing the more you look.

Can you, the experts, advise which one you would lay in your house if you were going to lay laminate. We quite like the look & range available by Pergo but Action Carpets in Folkestone have also advised Castle Rock (Berry Flooring) as another alternative. Pergo seem to have a tripe guarantee (upto 50 yrs!!!).

Any advice would be much appreciated - cheers Ross :LOL:

Sponsored Links
splinter said:
There is a very good shop in Charing, :LOL:
Cheers Splinter ;)
(Un)fortunately we don't do laminates (Melamine Plastic stuff).

There are indeed so many types in laminates around it's hard to choose the best one (if there is a best one anyway, still is plastic no matter how hard the manufacturers try to make it look like something else. Newest 'invention' now is to make it look and feel as an oiled finish and have tiny bevelled edges!)

Warrantees mean nothing if the floor is installed not correctly (= according to manufacturers instructions) and is only either on the click-system (another of our peeves!) or on the melamine finish.

Computersaysno: as with all floorcovering you have to ask yourself a few questions: what's you life style, design style, in which rooms/area do you plan to have the flooring in and in the end it's a choice between looks, practicality and budget.

Sponsored Links
Both Berry and Pergo are among the top names in laminate flooring and wear wise you should not have a problem with either of them.

I have supplied and fitted both but the one I sell and fit the most is Quick-step. I have never had a problem with this floor and it is the most user friendly for the diyer - especially when fitting under architraves, door frames and the last row.

As far as guarantees are concerned, if they are looked after properly they will last for years but if you go juggling chisels on them !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back