Permitted Development Outbuilding - distance from property

Out of curiosity, if the building was already built and he sought retrospective cert of lawfulness, could the council insist it is torn down under enforcement?

Sponsored Links
Out of curiosity, if the building was already built and he sought retrospective cert of lawfulness, could the council insist it is torn down under enforcement?

That is within their power, but such action must be proportional and within "the public interest" with a high degree of success if the decision got challenged.

FYI, this appeal was ruled in our favour.
And the tone of the inspector's report suggested she was rather irritated with the council for wasting everyone's time!

Sponsored Links
The appeal decision document doesn't mention is so I assume not, or is that a separate thing I need to apply for?

Hi all

Apologies for reviving an old thread but I find myself in a similar position to the above. Could someone kindly send me details of the relevant appeals referenced here?

Many thanks

Hi all

Apologies for reviving an old thread but I find myself in a similar position to the above. Could someone kindly send me details of the relevant appeals referenced here?

Many thanks

I'll PM you our appeal reference and the ones we referenced.

Hi Pete & Jonnu,
Can you please share the appeal references here or PM me as I'm in a similar situation?
Thanks
AT

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back