Permitted development rights

D

D2eej

Hi All

Hopefully a simple question to answer !

I have a property which has its PDR removed and I have to do a full planning application every time I wish to do something. Its only in recent years that I have found out that I don't have to pay for these applications, which I have in the past.

My question is, what year did the planning apps become free for people with their PDR removed?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your answer.

It now leads me to another question, should I go back to the council and ask for a refund on original planning apps that I paid for? or will they tell me to go away?

surely taking money when they know its not due is fraud!

Yes get your refund. There is no time limit and no excuse.

They should not have processed the payment, or processed it and then refunded it. Mistakes happen, so its not fraud.

Sponsored Links
I've come across plenty of people that had applications refused for proposals that were well within PD. The neighbours of one of my jobs on site at present told us we were 'in breach of planning as we had no consent'. Stuck up cow didn't like it one bit when I told her we didn't need it and even had the cheek to call my professionalism into question. (I know - unbelievable!) Apparently she spent a fortune getting her planning. My client reckons she's just jealous because her extension is rubbish and my clients' is brilliant. (her words, not mine) Anyways, planners have been round and measured every millimetre, and apparently my professionalism is intact. Neighbour now writing to her MP.

I forgot the main point - her extension is well within PD and shouldn't have needed a planning application.

Its only in recent years that I have found out that I don't have to pay for these applications, which I have in the past.

Why don't you have to pay for full (assuming you mean householder) applications?

You don't pay for when its something that ordinarily is within PD but PD rights have been removed.

Where PD rights are removed you have to make a planning application instead. If the app covers something that would have been PD (had PD not been removed) you don't pay the fee.

Hi all, newbie here......

Interesting re PD and not need to pay for app. - didn't know that.
So....... I have a place just inside a conservation area therefore PD does not exist and app required for such.
In such case, if I submit an app., it's a freebie?

stephan

Hi all, newbie here......

Interesting re PD and not need to pay for app. - didn't know that.
So....... I have a place just inside a conservation area therefore PD does not exist and app required for such.
In such case, if I submit an app., it's a freebie?

stephan
No. this thread applies to people who have had there PD rights removed. It is only free for them.

BTW PD still exists within a Conservation Area so you only need apply for Permission if your proposed development exceeds the limits set out in the PD legislation..

BTW PD still exists within a Conservation Area so you only need apply for Permission if your proposed development exceeds the limits set out in the PD legislation..

Not 100% true...

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions

On designated land* no permitted development for rear extensions of more than one storey.
On designated land no cladding of the exterior.
On designated land no side extensions.

* Designated land includes national parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites.

So if you're in a CA, you cannot build two storey rear extensions or side extensions under PD.

Not 100% true...

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions

On designated land* no permitted development for rear extensions of more than one storey.
On designated land no cladding of the exterior.
On designated land no side extensions.

* Designated land includes national parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites.

So if you're in a CA, you cannot build two storey rear extensions or side extensions under PD.

BTW PD still exists within a Conservation Area so you only need apply for Permission if your proposed development exceeds the limits set out in the PD legislation.

I saw that but interpreted that as heights/widths, etc... hence my comment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back