Permitted development

Sponsored Links
You are confused about the rules and terminology.
"Permitted Development" is a planning reference and refers to an allowance whereby homeowners can build an extension of a certain size without seeking planning permission and has nothing to do with "Building Regulations".

Whilst you are correct in thinking connies are largely b'regs exempt they are not entirely exempt depending upon size and content.

There is evidence to suggest that work by association does mean that BC do tend to ignore work that goes on and around connies. I think you can safely say that a reduction in vent pipe bore size would be one of those they would not be interested in.

It also means that (unfortunately) conny companies can do as they wish.

I don't seriously see this a problem worth worrying about.

Some blazé tradesmen see fit to plonk AAV's onto SVP's whenever they want to or just leave them out altogether. The fact that yours is venting is a boon. My only criticism is that the (reduced) pipe bore could have been larger, but no great crime.

Sponsored Links
Why have you edited your posts to the point of confusion?
I do apologise. I thought I could delete them now I had the answer to my questions.I got into a bit of a muddle with it all. Sorry!

I thought I could delete them now I had the answer to my questions.
Why would you want to do that?

If you had succeeded in deleting them all, and thus making this topic look like this:

screenshot_192.jpg

Why would that be a good thing?

Why on earth would you go to all the hassle of making that image BAS? Just to make a point on a thread that will end up in the quagmire and forgotten about for ever in a few days anyway?

Why have you edited your posts to the point of confusion?
I do apologise. I thought I could delete them now I had the answer to my questions.I got into a bit of a muddle with it all. Sorry!

If you burnt every book you read when you learned its contents, how would the person who comes after you, hoping to learn from the same books, learn anything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back