Petition to get rid of the Lords

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi normally would not use this channel to spread petitions, but I hate the undemocratic house of lords
Could you tell us what percentage of the last electoral vote our current 'democratic' governing party received, and also tell us why it is ok for them to pass a huge amount of money to a racist/homophobic minority party in order to grab hold of 'democratic' parliamentary power?

Could you tell us what percentage of the last electoral vote our current 'democratic' governing party received, and also tell us why it is ok for them to pass a huge amount of money to a racist/homophobic minority party in order to grab hold of 'democratic' parliamentary power?
I don't agree with them, but people did vote for them. Even scum are allowed a vote.

@ellal The house of lords is a stupid birthright, full of party cronies, so yeah I want rid.
Also I like the fact you get to vote. ;)

@ellal The house of lords is a stupid birthright, full of party cronies, so yeah I want rid.
Also I like the fact you get to vote. ;)
Err, the house of lords is mainly stuffed with political appointees, not hereditary peers...

Appointed by minority elected governments/unelected civil servants!

Could you tell us what percentage of the last electoral vote our current 'democratic' governing party received,

Did the current government follow the electoral voting system correctly?

If it did your remark has no point.

If you are arguing for electroral reform to change from FPTP to PR, start a new thread

it's likely the country will retain a second chamber.

You can call it a Senate or a Council if you don't like the word "Lords"

However no PM will agree to make it elected.

The PM always wants to have the maximum power. Being able to say "the HoL is unelected therefore doesn't have the same legitimacy that I and my government has" means she wants to keep it unelected.

Think how terrible it would be if there were two or three elected bodies at loggerheads with each other, like in Trumpland.

and also tell us why it is ok for them to pass a huge amount of money to a racist/homophobic minority party in order to grab hold of 'democratic' parliamentary power?

Money well spent and needed in NI....

And the spending breaks down as follows:

:: £400 million for infrastructure projects (£200 million per year for two years)

:: £200 million for improvement of health service (£100 million per year for two years)

:: £150 million for ultra-fast broadband (£75 million per year for two years)

:: £100 million for tackling deprivation (£20 million per year for five years)

:: £100 million to address immediate pressures in health and education (£50 million per year for two years)

:: £50 million for mental health services (£10 million per year for five years

And the added bonus is that it kept an ira loving commie out of no 10.

why it is ok for them to pass a huge amount of money to a racist/homophobic minority party in order to grab hold of 'democratic' parliamentary power?

Simple the other lot didnt get enough seats to form a coalition or moiority party.

Hint: Corbyn had the lowest vote to seat conversion ratio for decades.

Sponsored Links
Back