Petrol/Diesel ban from 2040

Sponsored Links
It's an interesting conundrum that the likes of Google are designing self drive cars, rather than the normal car manufacturers, so either they are waiting for Google to licence the software and technology, or they know that it's never going to catch on properly.

But as so many drivers are complete and utter idiots that don't actually know how to drive, driverless cars would get rid of a lot of the bad driving, and so speed up the traffic flow. You also could do away with trafic lights etc, as the cars would neatly avoid each other - have to think about pedestrians though.

Sponsored Links
You've got the job, start 9am Monday...
Bit early.
124144-17922900231cbfbe3c9a83503f1831eb.jpg

It's an interesting conundrum that the likes of Google are designing self drive cars, rather than the normal car manufacturers, so either they are waiting for Google to licence the software and technology, or they know that it's never going to catch on properly.

But as so many drivers are complete and utter idiots that don't actually know how to drive, driverless cars would get rid of a lot of the bad driving, and so speed up the traffic flow. You also could do away with trafic lights etc, as the cars would neatly avoid each other - have to think about pedestrians though.

The whole nature of work will change. The impact of robots will have a far greater impact than driverless cars and make them slightly redundant as there won't be any jobs to go to in the traditional sense! If robots break the link between capital and labour then we will need some form of political solution.

The whole nature of work will change. The impact of robots will have a far greater impact than driverless cars and make them slightly redundant as there won't be any jobs to go to in the traditional sense! If robots break the link between capital and labour then we will need some form of political solution.
It would then be logical to introduce a universal minimum income for everyone as the vast majority of people will have no work to do, in theory, they could use their free time to do study and research or to develop their artistic ambitions... We will of course, need a great many fewer people in the world.

Where does the funding for the minimum income come from? Or more importantly, where does the VALUE of the minimum income from from.

Nozzle

Where does the funding for the minimum income come from? Or more importantly, where does the VALUE of the minimum income from from.

Nozzle
Good question... The only suggestion that I can make is higher taxes on companies who benefit from automation...

Good question... The only suggestion that I can make is higher taxes on companies who benefit from automation

Unfotrunately, it is a circular conundrum Firebrand. With less people around, you don't need to produce so much, and as the sales are lower, so will the taxes take be, therefore you don't have enough tax revenues to then support even the lowered population.

This is why society fluctuates between the have and the have nots, because I'm not sure you can have a balanced society that can remain stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would then be logical to introduce a universal minimum income for everyone as the vast majority of people will have no work to do, in theory, they could use their free time to do study and research or to develop their artistic ambitions... We will of course, need a great many fewer people in the world.

Is this not already happening ? in some Scandanavian country ? or Finland ?

def been talked about ? afaik every one will get the equivalent of £800 per month ?????????

And where the Donald Duck will that take you over here, let alone Scandanavia.

And where the Donald Duck will that take you over here, let alone Scandanavia.

well if some one wants to give me 800 squid a month I will not complain ;)

this is on top of your in-come.

If u wanted to opt out of the scheme I will take your share :)if thats O.K with you :?:

Sponsored Links
Back