Petrol generator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a small petrol generator that i can use to run power tools off of. Im only looking for it to be pwerful enough to run an electric drill or a small compressor etc at 240v. Any ideas what sort of size output and hp i would need? Im looking for something thats as small as possible to fit in the van, but does th job, without the tool running at half speed!

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
I need a small petrol generator that i can use to run power tools off of. Im only looking for it to be pwerful enough to run an electric drill or a small compressor etc at 240v. Any ideas what sort of size output and hp i would need? Im looking for something thats as small as possible to fit in the van, but does th job, without the tool running at half speed!

we need to know what your demands are. what power is the small compressor and drills? do you require them both to run at the same time etc?

i bought a 2.8kw deisel pull start from macro last year for £250, ive seen better generators but i take mine into our coldstore (-25) so dont want to take my more expensive gen in there. i find it runs drills, grinders any tool i need to run. A standard 240 drill is usually bout 600watt, ive seen cheap cheap petrol gennys in B&Q sometimes 800-1000w for bout 60quid, but i would imagine they are just for occasional use

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back