Petrol Profiteering..

Be very wary of cheap car hire abroad - they make their money out of the minute scratches and dents they miraculously find when you return it. I’ve used these before and when I was charged €750 for damage to a blue car (when I had a black one!) they paid up with no problems. Make sure you keep your car hire docs and any correspondence from the hire co. https://reducemyexcess.co.uk/d/mone...m_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=rme&a_aid=MSE

Your post made me think again and I owe you a big thanks. The price did seem a bit too good to be true. I searched the company on Trustpilot and they score 1.5 and have terrible reviews. Reading through the reviews they operate as you describe. I cancelled with them and rebooked with another company that has a 4.5 score and happy customers. This one was recommended by my brother who goes to Portugal a lot.

I'm not familiar with Portugal and last time I went I was 5 years old. Used to going very regularly to Czech Republic frequently and France quite a lot. So regularly I'm almost on autopilot - a new destination needs more thought.
 
I go round the car and take pics of everything , usually with someone from hire company marking scratches on the form, hav'nt had any bother since doing that , they must put a note on my file saying photo's taken
 
I go round the car and take pics of everything , usually with someone from hire company marking scratches on the form, hav'nt had any bother since doing that , they must put a note on my file saying photo's taken
Yes and wouldn't most experienced hirer's be doing that
 
Back
Top