petrol stations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1/2 the pumps are petrol only, other half are diesel and petrol. id love to know why petrol users decided its a good idea to use the diesel/petrol pumps and leave the petrol only pumps free. then people like me who need diesel have to wait for the brainless dumb idiot infront to fill up. and then there is some bloke who puts £10 from 1 card, £10 from another card and the rest from a 3rd card

Sponsored Links
youre a very angry man arent you. have you ever seen Falling down. Thats you that is! :LOL:

Thermo said:
youre a very angry man arent you. have you ever seen Falling down. Thats you that is! :LOL:

normally, no. until some idiot annoys me by doin summit like that. and turning right in the left lane.

And then you look at the picture on the petrol pump, and the petrol looks all succulent and thick and juicy. Then when you get it in the tank, it's all thin and runny. ;) My attempt at a "Falling Down" adaptation for Andrew.

Andrew, to be honest, when I go to a petrol station I don't pay attention to what the pump deals. So I might have really annoyed lots of diesel users unwittingly in the past. Sorry 'bout that. Perhaps with more diesel cars being sold the newer stations will have both juices served up at every pump?

You really can't tell if another car is diesel from the driving seat of your own. Really, it is yet more justification for making diesel drivers wear long cloaks and ring bells to signal their approach whilst crying out "Unclean! Unclean!" ;) :LOL:

Could be worse, anyone tried to get lead-replacement petrol?

Sponsored Links
she could have easily pulled upyo the petrol only (at back) and let someone else use the pump at the front for whatever they wanted. was the last pump of the row so anyone could have easily got past to get to the front. either that, or asda should have diesel only pumps aswell

oh, I see, you didn't fancy her then, (or did you get turned down ?) :D

oilman said:
oh, I see, you didn't fancy her then, (or did you get turned down ?) :D

not in my age range.. she was at least 35 years older

Anyway, I didn't realise they dispensed vegetable oil from pumps :eek:

Its people that drive into garages the wrong way and stop the normal in/out flow that really get my goat......

AdamW said:
Anyway, I didn't realise they dispensed vegetable oil from pumps :eek:

they dont. shame really, since you cant tell when your tank has had enough so you end up with some diesel/oil goin on the road...

andrew2022 said:
since you cant tell when your tank has had enough so you end up with some diesel/oil goin on the road...

it's a pity that motorcyclists have to share the road with someone like you.

Yup, happened to me once as I pulled up to a pump and skidded my front wheel on some clot's diesel spillage. It's so slippy, I wonder if those berks who spill it on corners to stop bikers whizzing around realise just how dangerous it is? Get a tanker lorry hitting the corner a touch too quick, skid on the diesel and you would have a hell of a scene. :mad:

Andrew, have you considered buying an oil drum and pump? I think Screwfix sells them, with the proper nozzle for filling a car. Not sure if it includes a shut-off, but could be worth thinking about.

petewood said:
andrew2022 said:
since you cant tell when your tank has had enough so you end up with some diesel/oil goin on the road...

it's a pity that motorcyclists have to share the road with someone like you.

it was actually on my drive where it was spilt and it was cleaned up

AdamW said:
Andrew, have you considered buying an oil drum and pump? I think Screwfix sells them, with the proper nozzle for filling a car. Not sure if it includes a shut-off, but could be worth thinking about.

yup. gonna wait a bit longer tho

Sponsored Links
Back