how embarrasing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This ever happened to you?

I was in Morrisons petrol, had to use the kiosk as I had a "5p per litre off" voucher and I was also due a miles voucher too. I had been on pump 4, told the woman this (I remember saying it because I was looking at the big #4 above my car as I said it). Didn't pay much attention to what was going off.

The txn had nearly finished, I paid by card, she was about to hand my reciept etc back to me, and a man asked for pump 7 at the next till. The woman serving me said you cant be, this gents just paid for pump 7. It then clicked in my head that I'd only paid for about £38, I had totted up a random number over £50, i brimmed it. It didnt help that they had taken off the discount so the amount they were charging was nothing like the amount on the pump, or I might have noticed. I had been charged for pump 7.

All hell broke loose then, as did the calculators and a ZIP ZAP machine :eek: I couldnt quite believe it when she got that out. Of course, added to the confusion was the matter of miles points and the 5p per litre discount. The other gent had to be charged for my diesel (£13 more) on his card, then refunded back via zip-zap. :eek:

Oh and to top it off, the woman forgot to give back my miles card. I had used 5000 points to get the voucher, but there was still about 4000 on it from pay at pump txns. I didnt notice she hadnt given it back because I was in rather a hurry to leave (though it wasnt my fault), there was a long queue of impatient looking customers at this point (it had taken 10 minutes), and the forecourt (16 pumps) was silent. :LOL: On exiting the forecourt, there were about 15 cars queueing to use the station.

I still dont know if i got 5p per litre off the extra amount i was charged. I didnt get a reciept, just a zip zap carbon.

Happy days! :LOL:

Im just thinking now, what if the guy next to me had been further back in the queue and I had left having paid for his petrol but not my diesel, would I be bilking? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Im just thinking now, what if the guy next to me had been further back in the queue and I had left having paid for his petrol but not my diesel, would I be bilking? :eek:

Nah You are OK, it's not bilking .............................................................. Just a diamond edged case of Criminal Deception ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

something similar for me (but in reverse) i went in to the garage to pay for my fuel, £40, guy said "£75 please" i said dont think so i only put in £40, oh no he said the guy leaving in the black merc has paid yours not his, "quick go out and stop him leaving" he said "f**k off, you go and stop him leaving "says me, manager comes over and tries to say i'm involved in some sort of scam, so i tell him to f off as well, put down my £40 and left :oops: "i will call the police" says manager, "take my reg and do what you like" says I, "its not my fault you employ muppets and your customers are liars"
never heard another thing, and never went back as i wouldnt give them another penny

Sponsored Links
This happened to me too once. It was just after i'd left school, got my first car (a 1litre polo) and was earning next to nothing so i was putting in a fivers worth of fuel a week. Filled up and walked to the kiosk, as i opened the door a woman i worked with was just coming out so i said hello, see you at work etc... When i got to the counter and told the guy which pump i was at he just looked at me and went white. "Do you know that woman who has just left?" he asked. "yes, i work with her" i replied. "Well she's just paid for your fuel so could you pay her back when you see her?" Got to work and gave her a fiver - she had no idea that she'd paid for my fuel - even though she'd only been in for some fags!!! She'd just handed over the card, and signed (was in the days before Chip&PIN) without checking the amount. Good job i'm an honest guy (even if it was just a fiver!)

Back