Peugeot 106 leaking water to the inside.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where the drain pipes from the sunroof exit?

This car gives you a cold shower from the roof area on wet days when you start off.

Sometimes you can hear water sploshing around as if its inside the front door pillers!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Often they drain into the sills Tony.....towards the front. Usually the blockage is at the sunroof end itself.
John :)

they may be on the 4 corners,use a bit of net curtain wire and GENTLY push it down as john above has said it sounds if there is a blockage.

Not knowing where it drains, would it be very serious if I drilled a few drain holes into the underneath of the sills?

Sponsored Links
er i WOULDNT recommend that m8.the drains whether 2 or 4 will run down the pillars of the front/rear screens then they will open up within the front scuttle area or rear wing areas?

might be worth while removing the wheel arches??

Thats very useful Mursal !

Its obviously a common problem!

Presumably no one knows exactly where they drain from?

This car seems particularly bad for leaking. Water collects inside the front doors too but they should be easier to fix and I dont fear drilling holes in the bottom of them if necessary.

I have had an idea though, as I have three of these 106s, I might be able to pour water onto a good one and see where it comes out!

Thanks for the help.

Tony

little bit of compressed air helps too if you have access to it. I use a small nozzle gun adapter thats usefull for this type of thing

little bit of compressed air helps too if you have access to it. I use a small nozzle gun adapter thats usefull for this type of thing

Can you do that from the outside or do you have to access tubes behind the roof lining?

Tony

Try a stiff bit of wire in the corners of the insert of the roof (from the outside sunroof open). if you get it to disappear you have found a drain pipe. try a bit of air into the corner if and when you find the drain, BUT DON'T blow the plastic/rubber pipe off the roof insert, or you will have a proper leak.

Can you see a puddle in the roof with it open? Try the front corners first? See how you go ............

Somehow water congregrates above the ceiling lining and there is a cold shjower when starting off!

Particularly on the passenger side!

Passenger side it is then, must be blocked?

It took me quite a while to drop the roof lining on an Audi to fit new cables, but the Peugeot might be easier, sorry I don't know how hard it is, never had the pleasure of taking one down.

I think the wet roof lining might be due to the glass seals.

But being left makes a puddle on the pass floor! Its not clear where thats coming from as if its the bulkhead!

I removed the glass sunroof and used a spiral wire drain cleaner to poke the two drain holes at each of the front corners of the drain channel.

There was no obvious blockage although previously water was pooling there.

Pouring water caused it to exit from small two flat holes about 150mm back from the jacking points ( and from one side just in front ).

The seal to the glass was displaced and this will have caused the water getting into the roof lining and creating a cold shower.

It has been dry since doing this so I dont know if the glass seals were also the cause of the water at the rear of the car.

Thanks for your help. I did not even know there were drains from the sunroof!

Tony

I had the same issue with my leaky 106 tried all the comments and everything was working fine in the end I took down the corner of the roof lining to find that the sunroof enclosure had rusted through so some was draining down to sills but some was working over roof lining down the inside of the plastic to a pillar then dripping on to carpet in foot well, simple fix was to silicone up the rotted area all seems ok now

Sponsored Links
Back