Peugeot 206 heater.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys, i've done a search but no luck, my Wifes Pug 206 1.4, Y reg is blowing luke warm air from the heater even when the engine is up to temp, temp wise the engine always sits mid way at 90deg. Any clues before i wade in ad pull it apart??
Cheers, Phil.

Sponsored Links
Its possible that the heater has a partial air lock.....are there any little plastic valves on the top of the heater hoses that you can open? Sometimes they look like tyre valve dust caps and there may be others around the engine.
The heater pipes should feel very hot, and stressed as if under pressure - which indeed they should be.
Sometimes there's a bleed valve on the top of the thermostat housing too.
John :)

THe heater control may not be opening the hot air flap fully on the heater box.

Thankyou fella'a. John, i just recieved the same info as yours via a phone call last night, seems there may be bleed valves involved. Strange thing is, my good Lady tells me; "oh, it was the same last year but i thought it was normal" Dont ya just love 'em. :D

Sponsored Links
First try for airlocks as others have said. My wife had a 106 diesel a few years ago which had similar symptoms. I tried bleeding and what have you but found the pipes were still cold. So I disconnected the heater pipes and hooked up a hose to it. A whole load of rusty sludge came out of it looking for all the world like an orange turd. It was fine after that.

Back