peugeot 206 idle problems

I think the dealer is referring to the carbon canister itself....the purge valve, I believe is a separate part. All it does is to allow the engine to ingest fumes from the petrol tank from time to time.
John :)

Sponsored Links
foned the dealer back, explained it and he said they class it as a electroc valve just inside the inner wing, 16287g was the peugeot part, does that sound a bit more like the part, thanks

Sponsored Links
hi, i have a 2001 peugoet 206 1.4 engine, when startin the car the idle usually heads up to around 2500 rpm, then comes down and sits at around 1100 rpm, on coming down it stutters at around the 2000 rpm, the car surprising drives well, apart from when stoping at a junction the idle moves at between 1500 rpm to around 2200 rpm, any ideas on this, has been to 2 seperate car garages who are out of ideas, so far have replaced all the fault codes which were lamba sensor, fuel injector number 4, and also the idle cont valve has been changed, and yet still the same. any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks.
HI, as a pure matter of interest, did you find the problem?.

thanks got part this morning and fitted it, worked a little better, but aint gona say 100% fixed the problem. should it work straight away or is it one of these things that may take time to settle in, thanks

Should work straight away, mush have another vacuum leak into the inlet manifold. Check all small diameter vacuum pipes for cracks etc.

thanks got part this morning and fitted it, worked a little better, but aint gona say 100% fixed the problem. should it work straight away or is it one of these things that may take time to settle in, thanks

I would advise you to change the thermsistor as previously suggested. The fact that the revs fluctuate on start up gives a strong indication that this is the fault

car disni actually rev up when start now, again drives fine, on coming down in the rpm is slower than it should be and occasinly like it gets stuck.

The thermsistor senses the engine temperature and sends this info to the on board computer. This in turn regulates the fuel intake, similar to a automatic choke. Therefore, if this sensor is faulty it will, for instance, tell the computer that the engine is cold when in fact it is hot, some times intermmitantly. Thus this will have an effect on the revs going up and down especially when you take your foot off the accelerator and go accelerate again

will i be able to get one of those at any auto parts place or you think will be a peugeot shot again, any ideas on price of these, where would this be on the engine thanks

will i be able to get one of those at any auto parts place or you think will be a peugeot shot again, any ideas on price of these, where would this be on the engine thanks

The temperature thermsistor is faulty, thats the one fitted to the engine block where the hose somes out to go to the top of the radiator, it is brown in colour. Some times it is just a matter of releasing the spring clip, pulling off the connector and cleaning the contacts with WD40. otherwise its just a simple operation to unscrew it and replace it with new. A new one will cost you about 15 quid, but if you go to a Peugoet garage to get it changed it will cost you about 90 quid. Copied from my previous post ot you. Just click the thanks button if you are happy with this.

just back from garage got a temperature thermsistor fitted, but still no improvement, any other ideas ???

Try removing the " Idle Speed Control Valve" and give it a good soak/clean
with carb cleaner.

It's at the back of the throttle body (near the top of the bulkhead) and has a 4 wire connecting plug. Remove the plug then remove two screws( Torx, Allen or Phillips ). It is spring loaded and gets stuck or made sluggish with crap, clean it and make sure it will move in and out by hand also ensure it is clean on the valve landing seat (use a small mirror to inspect it)

;)

Sponsored Links
Back