Peugeot 206 wont start, 2003 1.1 petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boys 206 wont start, the battey ran down ,its been charged up and back on now when i turn the key the ignition lights come on but im not hearing the fuel pump which usually run for a few seconds before you turn to the start position, I cant find a wiring diagram for the pump somebody mentioned that it is controled by the immobiliser which needs reseting someone else suggested a modual called BSI or BIS, the engine turns fine,theres fuel in it,its been running fine before this,Id be very grateful for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Maybe a long shot, but try this.......ignition on, press the lock button on the key for 6 sec, release and turn ignition off.
Try for a start after 5 sec. Be lucky!
John :)

Take a deep breath!! Copy of what I have here that I downloaded for my 406 but which is common to yours as well I would think.

Many faults can be cleared by Rebooting the Peugeot BSI.
Also, shown at the bottom is the correct (safe) method of disconnecting & reconnecting the battery.

Method for restarting the BSI:
1.The very first step is to unplug the diagnostic tool from the vehicle (if used)
2.Make sure all the gadgets are switched off, the driver’s window lowered down and open the bonnet.
3.Then close all the doors and take out the key from ignition.
4.After a 3 minute interval, disconnect the vehicle’s battery terminals and wait for a further 15 seconds.
5.Re attach the battery terminals and give a 10 second pause making sure the doors are closed.
6.Turn the side lights on.
7.Now turn the engine on and inspect the system functions.
8.Press and hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds.
9.Check the central locking system by unlocking and locking the door consecutively.
10.Turn the engine on again and finish inspecting the system.

Following any other procedure could cause malfunctioning of different units which depend on BSI.

Method for connecting the battery:
The following procedure is for reinstalling the battery connection unless told otherwise by Peugeot or Product service. Failure to follow this procedure may result in damage to the BSI’s embedded software during reconnection.
1.All the doors have to be closed with the ignition key turned off and the key taken out.
2.Now without opening the doors, reconnect the battery and wait for 10 seconds.
3.Turn on the headlights, turn on the engine and inspect the system’s functioning.

Method for disconnecting the battery:
1.Before disconnecting the battery, turn off all accessories and lights, closing all the doors and unplugging any kind of diagnostic tool. The drivers side window has to be kept open .
2.Turn off the ignition and take out the key then disconnect the battery after an interval of 3 minutes.
3.The BSI needs to go into to Sleep mode or Active Economy mode, during which nothing in the vehicle should be operating. Even the bonnet should not be opened at that time as it can ‘wake up’ the BSI if the vehicle has got an alarm installed. For batteries under the bonnet, the bonnet should be opened and left up before allowing the BSI to go into Sleep Mode. During this 3 minute interval, use of any remote control central locking gadgets for other vehicles should be avoided in the vicinity of the concerned vehicle.

Sponsored Links
All this makes me glad that I have older vehicles!

Back