peugeot 307 noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have the above car and it makes a vibrating/dry rub type noise which increases and decreases with speed but if i press the clutch in it goes straight away, also it makes a clonking sound more often than not when turning left slowly but again only when driving not when coasting in neutral.

After reading up on the net i thought it could be a Cv joint gone bad but all look fine ? I took it to my local independant garage and he came out for a quick test run, he thinks its the gearbox bearings, when we got back he had a quick visual inspection under the car with his torch and said he could see the gearbox had leaked oil and this had caused the problem, He has also quoted me £450 + vat providing its straight forward when he strips it all down, I also pointed out that it makes the clonking noise when turning corners he checked the cv joints and said they looked fine and said the noise could be coming from the differential ?

Do you think this diagnosis is correct and is his price fair - i know its more labour than parts on this type of repair ?

thanks #

Sponsored Links
Back