Peugeot Partner Teepee Tyre Sizes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PP Teepee and my tyre size is 215, however, looking at other Teepee's they all seem to be 205's
What is the correct size and if they are the 205's does this mean mine are illegal/dangerous?
I have hade the vehicle aboyt 5 years now and nothing has ever been mentioned at service/MOT times.

Sponsored Links
215 is only the width of the tyre. The gearing and speedo reading will be determined by the overall size though. My car could have anything between 18” and 20” wheels yet still be the same circumference. You need the full tyre size to get a comparison including the aspect ratio and wheel size.

I could tell you what are on mine now but I only remember the 205 size on the others I have seen.
Will the size be in the cars manual somewhere? I know I have one somewhere in my wardrobe. LOL

Sponsored Links
Look for the tyre pressure label inside the car - the sizes are usually there too.
John :)

2 sizes on that vehicle.
205/65/15 and 215/55/16.

Brilliant! Thank you both for both pieces of information.
John, you are correct it does give the sizes on the door frame plate.
Plate states,
215/55/R16 93V

The tyres fitted are,
215/55/ZR16 97W

Whats the difference between ZR and R and also the difference between 93V and 97W please?
I'm not a car person, (see them as a functional means of transport and have never had an interest in makes and models to be honest), as you can tell.

Z will be a speed rating. Your van won’t reach those speeds so don’t concern yourself with that. 93/97 is the weight rating. Higher the number, more weight you can carry.

I actually have the car version, (rear seats, big boot, lift up tail gate and rear sliding doors).
Speed wise I don't normally go above 60mph unless I need to get out of danger and weight wise I think the most I occasionally carry may be 6 bags of 20mm Cotswold stones from ASDA in the boot and a bit of shopping on the back seats.
So, in essence, all good do you think?

Sponsored Links
Back