Peugot 406 losing drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently our other car has been playing up, symptoms very similar to clutch slipping in most ways. Driving along fine, come to accelerate, revs go up but car no go! then it will pick up after a few seconds. Our drive is steep, it goes up no problems, likewise, theres no way it will pull with the handbrake on and doesnt slip which I would expect it to do if the clutch was on its way, also no clutchy smell. It doesnt seem to happen setting off, but when accelerating.
The car doesnt have traction control so I'm a bit lost, can anyone offer any suggestions as to what it may be, my instinct still says clutch.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Clutch :D

Try adjusting it up to get a few more miles out of it

But its hydraulic, how would you adjust it?
Dam thing, at least its gone now before the end of the month when the tax is due, might as well trash it lol

Sponsored Links
er but doesnt the hydraulic action RELEASE the clutch plate from the flywheel not engage it, therefore bleeding would do approximately zilch for my "condition"?
getting worse, thing is I cant get it to do it "on purpose" anyone want to buy a car ? ;)

If it is hydraulic, then it'll probably do nothing.
Ive only worked on the older 406 which is cable clutch.
Could well be the slave cylinder leaking, so your friction plate will be covered in brake fluid making it slip.
Sounds like time for a new clutch

Back