Phil the Greek

It's not fair to attack someone for being wealthy, or having wealthy parents.
It is if the wealth was stolen in the first place which is likely to be the case for Baron whoever.

I'd rather attack someone on the basis of facts rather than "Well, you know, it's most likely that ...". Some of my ancestors were rich, but came from poor backgrounds. and who do you hold responsible for past crimes? The boat owner who sailed out to pick up slaves to sell in the Americas? The ship's crew who sailed because it was a way to make good money. Etc. Anyway, some in the Labour party (Harriet Harman etc), and a few Tories, have helped us avoid this dilemma as they are loathsome in their own right, and we need not search their family tree.

Sponsored Links
and who do you hold responsible for past crimes?
The Normans - and their descendants - who still own 80% of what they stole.
But what about the Vikings who 'stole' from the Anglo-Saxons, oh, and of course the Anglo-Saxons 'stole' from the Britons didn't they?
Perhaps we should hand the whole country over to the Welsh and the Cornish.

Sponsored Links
and who do you hold responsible for past crimes?
The Normans - and their descendants - who still own 80% of what they stole.
But what about the Vikings who 'stole' from the Anglo-Saxons, oh, and of course the Anglo-Saxons 'stole' from the Britons didn't they?
Not really the same scale.
Perhaps we should hand the whole country over to the Welsh and the Cornish.
Well, not the Welsh and Cornish but yes. Britons.

If you can find some Anglo-Saxon or Viking land owners then, yes the same.
However, the Norman (Vikings in Normandy) descendants and their property are easily identified and I do think the land should be confiscated.

I blame the first multi-celled organisms, single celled life was much more civilised.

By the way, we are pretty much ancient Britons with some Angle, Jute,Friesian and Saxon blood mixed in.So if you look like a cow, or a piece of fabric, you now know why. Purer Britons are in the West. And as for Normans descendants owning it all, we are all related to some degree to Norman Conquest and his mates, once you go back more than ten generations, mixing is so strong you can't really identify relatives. Maybe some Royals are more inbred, it'd explain a lot, huge ears, big foreheads, stupidity.

It's not a question of being related. Assimilation was the Norman's method.

William seized the country and divided the land - half to the crown (himself) a quarter each to the church and barons.
The fact remains that most of the wealthy land owners are direct Norman descendants who still 'own' it.

You may think it acceptable; I don't.

Brewdog, mmmm.

I thought you would prefer this...

cartao.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back