Philips GU10 lamp not fitting in GU10 holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

So I want to install hue lights in my lounge. I already had some integrated downlights which I have removed.

I bought a GU10 downlight from tool station and bought some Philips HUE GU10 LED's.

However, they seem to big to fit.. I thought that fact they are both GU10 they should just work?..

Attachments

• IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 544
Sponsored Links
I thought the Hue white ambiance were ‘perfect fit’ and normal GU10 size.

Gu10 is just the lampholder, the actual lamp can be any size, most commonly 50mm diameter.
Post a pic of the 2 lamps side by side

I see well the only lamps I have are this Enlight EN-FD101 and an Aurora AU-FRLD811/40 (this has an integrated LED bulb).

Attachments

• IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    IMG_2576.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 662
Sponsored Links
Most people will refer to GU10 as the standard, common bulb found in Screwfix as a GU10. Whether that’s right or wrong, it seems to be the way they are sold (as you know).

Philips make 2 sizes in Hue. Both just called GU10. One is called perfect fit though, and is the normal 50-55mm that fittings require.

Are you actually fitting the lamp behind the twist out inner bezel of the fitting

Is this some sort of windup.
You have just posted instructions that show you how to fit the lamp
goodnight

No it's not but thanks anyway ill have another look tomorrow. I wouldn't be posting I have better things to do with my time haha

The inside piece is removable. It twists outwards.
It then fits on the bulb and screws back in holding the bulb secure.

No it's not but thanks anyway ill have another look tomorrow. I wouldn't be posting I have better things to do with my time haha
Ok sorry, its just some do come on here trolling after a few beers, plus the Muppet aviator seemed suspicious :)

GU10 is the specification for the base, nothing else.

These two bulbs have the same base (ES):

upload_2019-1-5_1-10-53.png
upload_2019-1-5_1-11-43.png

If you had a light which used the one on the left you wouldn't buy one like the RH one and complain that it didn't fit but it was an ES....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back