Photo cell reverse switch?

I used to have a friend who bred various birds of Antipodean origin, and apparently they bred more successfully if kept on "Australian time". It surprised me too. We built a timed dimmer circuit so the light brightened gradually to simulate the dawn, and faded out to simulate dusk.
Interesting. That's odd, since it implies that they must have had some sort of very long-term biological clock, such as they would realise that, for example, "72 months ago it was (according to day length) mid-summer, but now it appears to be mid-winter"! AFAIAA, most living things (plants as well as animals) usually adapt pretty rapidly to migration between hemispheres.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone Especially PBC ;)

***Off topic posts removed. Mod***

Necrow, if a circuit diagram for what your after was posted are you able to actually make it?
i.e. do you have any electronic ability?

Or do you just want to buy something that does what you want? And if that's the case is there not a vivarium management system already available?
My daughters often on about getting one for her bearded dragon.

I'd most likely be able to give it a fair crack of the whip Matty, also have a couple of friends very handy with the soldering iron ;)

Microclimate use a magic eye to switch between day time temps and night time - It's phot cell but used as a thermostat - I have asked for information without success.

All I'm trying to do is put sensor outside which will switch when day time light activate's it - This will link to a set of LED's in viv's and a main LED strip light - Max watt's LED around 100watt

It does not matter where the snakes are from, although most are UK Bred, it's about seasonal light, in a room without windows hence the need to use electrical lighting ;)
I'll say it again.

Do the animals need seasonal change?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back