Photo ID for elections

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
Having a discussion down the pub, the subject of photo ID came up as I need it for registering at a bullion dealer. I said I will also need it to vote now. Everyone was surprised and said I was talking BS. I then began to doubt myself as no one else had heard, so I checked, and it appears I am right. Did anyone else hear about it?

Sponsored Links
I wonder how long it will take for someone to complain about the policy being racist?
Is it ok to point out that the decision was political? Or is that likely to offend your delicate, fragile tolerance too?

Adopted straight for the Republican playbook across the Atlantic in Nuttyland. The daft Tories will be banning abortion next.

Sponsored Links
I wonder how long it will take for someone to complain about the policy being racist?
It may or not hit BAME people harder, but it's definitely classist. Not everyone can afford foreign travel or cars.

You don't have to buy a car if you have a driving licence, same as you don't have to travel if you have a passport.
But both require spending money to get them.

And they need planning if the only reason you're applying for a passport is for elections as it takes so long.

It won't stop most people, but it will stop some legitimate voters. The ones it stops will mostly be poor or young, or both.

If you read the article the last para tells you how to get a free certificate

A number of Mr Khans wont be happy about that.
Care to tell us about the level of voter 'fraud' at the last election?

I'll help you out - only one!

Now will you tell us about fraud committed by those elected, or indeed PM's who have committed an offence?

It's more than one on both counts btw...

One case of fraud amongst a nation of 65 million (approx 46 million eligible to vote*), and yet more than that in a place of only 650...

*that number will of course decrease due to this disenfranchisement, but then the UK isn't exactly a bastion of democracy...

It does of course have it's rather nasty bunch of racists who simply blame 'foreigners' for their own home grown problems!

Well it is, although it also affects the poorer members of society...

Many of whom think they are the 'perfect white little englanders', but who are in fact misinformed...

The truth hurts!

Sponsored Links
Back