Pick Ya Brains

• Thread starter DanTheMainsMAn
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Your board can be used as a split load board, but it currently is not.

I can't help but notice you do not have any RCD protection on your installation

DanTheMainsMAn said:
aint got 1 yet

Dan,

all temporary installs should comply with bs7671, sorry but "aint got 1 yet" is no excuse.

Sponsored Links
we moved to the house 3 month ago and in our old house we had electrician round to change fuse box and he never put rcd in he brilliant electrician does 3 phase the works.

RMS said:
all temporary installs should comply with bs7671

Proper temporary installations should be of a higher standard than standard installations, and are subject to much, much more frequent PIRs.

If he was installing to the current version of the iee regs then he needed to RCD protect any socket reasonably expected to supply equipment outdoors.

DanTheMainsMAn said:
we had electrician round to change fuse box and he never put rcd in he brilliant electrician

Clearly not that brilliant then.

Oh and most 'proper' sparkys do three phase.

RF Lighting said:
RMS said:
all temporary installs should comply with bs7671

Proper temporary installations should be of a higher standard than standard installations, and are subject to much, much more frequent PIRs.

Never heard that temp. installations are to be of a higher standard than a normal installation. I would have thought that any electrical installation permanent or temporary that falls under BS7671 is to adhere to it.

It is often the case that periodic inspection can be replaced by an adequate regime of continuos monitoring and maintenance and records are kept.

Temp installs often come under construction site (special location), which I think RF may be getting at.

Spark123 said:
Temp installs often come under construction site (special location), which I think RF may be getting at.

Yep, sorry for the confusion, I was trying to keep things a bit dumbed down for obvious reasons.

RF Lighting said:
Spark123 said:

Yep, sorry for the confusion, I was trying to keep things a bit dumbed down for obvious reasons.

Ahh right. :D

i've never seen a topic with so many posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back