Pick Ya Brains

• Thread starter DanTheMainsMAn
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
picture005io6.jpg

Please can you tell us the cable sizes against the MCB ratings?

Well spotted.

That brown wire that is flapping about is a bit of a worry too.

DanTheMainsMAn said:
we moved to the house 3 month ago and in our old house we had electrician round to change fuse box and he never put rcd in he brilliant electrician does 3 phase the works.

You say you are at college? This just goes to show how poor education is these days - you can't even string a meaningful sentence together and your grammar is woeful.

Sponsored Links
He also says he is qualified as a domestic installer.

RMS said:
i've never seen a topic with so many posts.
I've never seen anybody else use this forum as if it was a chat-room...

JohnD said:
He also says he is qualified as a domestic installer.
ban-all-sheds said:
JohnD said:
I'm having some difficulty in understanding what sort of person we are dealing with here.
I'm not.
Let's hope he's a liar as well, eh?

RF Lighting said:
Well spotted.

That brown wire that is flapping about is a bit of a worry too.

Look at the middle SWA again, can you see a locknut?

DanTheMainsMAn, I know this might sound harsh but you do not appear to me to have an adequate level of technical nor theory for you to be doing this sort of work. This SWA is immediately dangerous and would warrant on a PIR a code 1, it needs to be isolated immediately and not energized until it is remidied and an EIC completed, as such an EIC should have been completed for the rest of the install, the first part completed before it was energized.

One on the left 2.5mm but need to change 32A Fuse to 16A. One in Middle 10mm to feed shed on 40A Fuse One on Right 2.5mm and feeds some lights on 6A

Why was it ever on a 32A?

What qualification(s) did you get to become a domestic installer, and where?

Which scheme are you registered with, and how did you get through the assessment?

spark123 is right....

I think DanTheMainsMAn has an NVQ grade 1 in winding people up.

Based on his posts there is no way he would have got through any electrical assessment.

Reminds me of the man with the plantation in his loft.

that is all i had at the time and there is only a 1 gang socket so the wire wont melt yet also you know when you get a 40A Contactor does that mean each pole is 40A or All poles add upto 40A

Pensdown said:
I think DanTheMainsMAn has an NVQ grade 1 in winding people up.

Based on his posts there is no way he would have got through any electrical assessment.
Perhaps it would be best if we all just ignored him completely now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back