Pick Ya Brains

• Thread starter DanTheMainsMAn
  • Start date
DanTheMainsMAn said:
here are my CU's that i have done at my house and ive rewired using square

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture001vv1.jpg
Dan, thats the other way to add more DBs. on the install i featured, the second DB was taken off the first. it is possible to use a couple of 2 pole henley blocks to split the tails and take them to 2 DBs, as you have done there.

It looks like a nice install. unusual to see the incoming cable through the ceiling :eek: is it all going to get boxed in? i see it is above a door. so i would expect so, unless its in a cupboard!

Sponsored Links
Coming out of the bottom of the meter... I can certainly see red insulation where the sheathing has been stripped back too far, can I see shiny copper as well?

Is the Square D unit metalclad?

JohnD said:
Coming out of the bottom of the meter... I can certainly see red insulation where the sheathing has been stripped back too far, can I see shiny copper as well?
i just spotted that too. if it is copper, ring the DNO ASAP. If your kids get on a ladder and touch that, there'll be hell to pay. :rolleyes: :LOL: but your bit looks fine. would be nice to see inside the CUs.

Sponsored Links
The Incoming Supply Comes IN from the chimney and through attic Dodgy Electric Board people leave bare wires on load side of meter and is going to be boxed in the way i have done it with service connector block is it the right way?

Crafty,

230v 3 phase isn't 415v, you are thinking of the old days of 240v.

It's 400v now.

(I know that the voltage hasn't actually changed, rather the tolerance is tighter on the upper limit, but in the interests of being correct I thought I'd point it out)

Dan, for your info, multiply the single phase voltage by the square root of 3 to get the three phase voltage across phases.

-Dan

Them armoured cable bends are a bit tight, have you been inside the DNO cutout, just looking where the earth wire comes from. Are the earthing banjos inside the CU? I take it the LHS board is metal? If so you need to put a grommet on where the cables enter the bottom of the CU.

Yep Connected 1 Earth as seal was broke banjos in fusebox

is there no neutral bar in that board dan?

DanTheMainsMAn said:
Crafty Metal Clad Square D
Thought so from the SWA terminations.

Is there protection on the sharp steel edges of the knock-out hole the PVC sheathed tails go through; and do they both go through the same hole? Is there a bit of a gap round them?

about 5mm Gap Round Them In Same Hole it would be nice to get a grommet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back