Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This week we have some time switches.

Any one spot the problem this week?

IMGP2337.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi

Its a long shot, but was the CU cover on timer 3 the problem, or the marking up of the CU in general ???

Ed

Is it that you cannot get to the timers fully, as they are not designed for the CU, & that there is no main isolator in the CU :?:

Is this the defrost timers for some big cold rooms or freezers :?:

No main isolation for the whole DB. And all the above. Bet this was the work of a refrigeration contractor.

Sponsored Links
Yep

The timers are grasslin time switches, with the plastic covers on the front.

2400220c.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what they do, but something to do with freezers, fridges and cold rooms in a large co-op

Yep

The timers are grasslin time switches, with the plastic covers on the front.

2400220c.jpg

So I wonder why they didn't just fix the timers on the wall, with the MCBs in a small CU next to it, or why they didn't get timers, which were designed to fit into the CU.

I'm not entirely sure what they do, but something to do with freezers, fridges and cold rooms in a large co-op

They are probally for turning the defrost heaters in cold rooms, on & off at set times, like steve said, the cold room controls normally control the defrost heaters.

So what was the problem, that you got called in to fix then :?: The defrost heaters not turning on or off :?:

I do know for a fact that inside the control tray of one of our coldrooms, there is a 6 amp MCB, loose, for the 100 watt light fitting inside! :eek: I'm surprised they bothered, the coldroom itself only has a 13 amp feed!

No main isolation for the whole DB. And all the above. Bet this was the work of a refrigeration contractor.

Why is this what the standard of work that some refridgeration contractors do :?:

So are you a fridge man then Steve :?:

Why is this what the standard of work that some refridgeration contractors do :?:

So are you a fridge man then Steve :?:
No. Work at a co-op. hence my enthusiasm above :LOL:

And I have seen some real bodges done by these guys!

Condensate tray overflowing onto floor. Solution - route overflow pipe to a bucket that we can empty! :LOL: Honestly - they did this! Drilled a hole in the side of the compressor housing and routed the pipe out.

:eek:

They should do things better then that, & if the condensate tray is overflowing, there is maybe something not right with the system. When they checked it, did they take temp readings around the system, to see if it is working how it should :?:

I know it is working right :LOL: The condensate tray has a set of warm refrigerant coils in it. However, due to the compressor being oversized for the coldroom at its temperature (it could cool to -22, its only being used as a fridge) the coils never get hot enough to evaporate the water because the compressor is never on long enough.

The freezer unit next to it is identical, and this doesn't overflow. The freezer also has a smaller additional compressor which runs the defrost cycle.

I notice the operator is sensible in having the three timers set to different times. After all what is the point of three clocks if they all tell the same time......

Or perhaps it is a cunning scheme to reduce the effects of jet lag on imported food in the freezers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back