Picture of the week!™

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The gaps may not necessarily be non-IP4X.

Also, you'll possibly need a tool to get into the plastic box.

Going by the amount of dirt in the consumer units it doesn't look like many of them have IP4X to the tops or IP2X/XXB to other sides. They ought to really have a higher IP rating, located elsewhere or covered over as some of them do look muck up in the pics. I take it RF is putting in a price for a full overhaul!

The item in question is actually a grid feed in from a wind turbine. The armoured is earthed at the other end. The metal enclosure is not earthed, and has various IP breaches, but it's inside a GRP box. It's not an immediate risk to persons or livestock. C2

There's no point us waisting time pricing to overhaul the installation as the work will not be ordered. Typical tight arsed farmer. He will do the absoloute bare minimum to get his EICR with no C1s on it and then he's happy.

Can't see one, but in any case if there was, it looks like the feed'd be RCD protected, but can't see to what value.

The item in question is actually a grid feed in from a wind turbine. The armoured is earthed at the other end. The metal enclosure is not earthed, and has various IP breaches, but it's inside a GRP box. It's not an immediate risk to persons or livestock. C2

Somewhat confusing - I take it that the cable will be live 24/7, fed from the DNO supply and is part of the farmers system.
It is providing in essence a TT supply to the property but no RCD in sight unless it is at the wind turbine end.
Big question is, if there is a problem with the cable then what stops the armour from becoming (and remaining) live from either the DNO supply end or the wind turbine end?

I hate farms

But all the ones I see are usually full of much older gear than that

Here's what the last one I visited looked like!

78F42C71-orig.jpg

Yes, but that might have been OK before it burnt down.

It was horrible could well be the reason for the fire.....

Place needs rewiring from the incomer on, but I think planning has been granted for 1500 homes on part of his land - think milking cows might seem less inviting soon :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back