Picture Of The Week (With A Nod To RF...)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two pictures: spot as many mistakes as you can.

An installation outside in my local precinct:

externalelectrics.jpg

A domestic cutout:

cutout.jpg

Sponsored Links
theiving gits :mad: ! and as it is old colors, the blue should be black, that is L3 as far as anyones concerned. Exposed neutral block as well- doesn't really matter but incase of a fault it could become live. And why have 4 earth wires coming out of the cutout? it should of had an earth block installed.

Sponsored Links
I've seen DNO supplies installed like that before. It might be feeding a second cutout, but they would have more likely used split con rather than SWA. :rolleyes:

It's hard to tell. I think so. The timer (I think) is being fed from the FCU, not vice versa and because the timer is DI, they have not taken a cpc to it.

I think the spur feeds the timer with a L+N then a third wire (switched feed) heads back to the spur to connect to the outgoing lives (I guess those T+E cables).

Oh its a Timer, I thought it was an RcD supplying the fcu for some reason :oops:

The yellow core of that SWA isn't connected to the PME terminal, doesn't look like the armour is either. (I'm assuming its PME - may be an assumption too far!)

Can't see the first one too well but as for the second one:

Exposed live conductors
Earth cable not G&Y (well, i'm presuming its an earthing/bonding conductor)
Mixing of old and new colours
Dno equipment being used as MET
Undersized 'tails (and is that blue one smaller than the red? - 10mm? :eek: )

awaiting corrections and additions!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back