Pigeons in loft?.

It'll be getting a new roof eventually, but not this year, had some new slates fitted for now.

I'm just going to crack on, once you're in there it's not horrific.

Another 5 goes and hopefully that will be the end of it for now..

Sponsored Links
My arse fell out first time I looked in!.

I'll take a picture of original loft hatch next time I'm round, it's the size of a bloody shoe box, god knows what they were thinking with that one..

I don't know if I should buy a Henry Vacuum to get the last bits up after I've dug it all out, they seem quite robust?.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a plan, they're darn good, they can also actually be operated without a bag though probably not a great idea with what you're using it for. You can get reusable bags for them (with a zip) so that would save a few quid.

There's a new twist to this tale, apparently my next door neighbours have seen a couple of pigeons in and out of their eves..

You couldn't make it up!

At work I get everyone's else mess (from far and wide), our new car was a disaster where I've done the only gearbox conversion to date, now this mess..

Fook me is all I can say..

our new car was a disaster
Yeah, bad luck with that new car you got - I’ve seen the pictures…..
75D8916F-FD3E-472F-AC52-ED0E6CF7F7E5.jpeg

Well another lovely 5 hours in the hell hole today, managed to shift 50 or 60 bags worth of decomposed pigeons and all their sh1t.

Ironic really, one day you're working on £30k+ Ducati's, the next you're shovelling ****..

I have one problem though there seems to be a 5 inch channel next to chimney (shovel for scale) and it appears to drop down a long way (possibly height of house?). Any ideas how to clean it out?.

Was thinking hoover and some extensions made out of plastic waste pipe?. I've had my hand in and pulled 5 pigeon corpses out already (lovely!).

20210816_143929.jpg
20210816_130718.jpg

Attachments

• 20210816_100440.jpg
    20210816_100440.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 63
Are you only doing half days now :eek::D

A garden cane and a hoover, would be my choice to try and get the kak out of that slot.

Well done on your efforts, I’m going to check my loft now... how much are you per half day?. :mrgreen:

I was a right mess after 5 hours in the suit and mask!. Kept steaming my googles up as well.

At home now having a pint!.

Just pulled a filter apart after 8 hours, think this one's done!.

20210818_181256.jpg
20210818_181259.jpg

you can wash that in warm water and WUL. Use a soft paintbrush.

I think there £8 a pair so just going to replace them, hopefully after another 8 hours I'll be finished!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back