Pillar/post/wall (moved from disasters)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
This is my first post so I don't know whether to give minute details or just general. Anyway, we decided to have relocate our kitchen door to the side wall (external load bearing)
Normally this is very straightforward but unfortunately the window was in the way of the new doorway so has been taken out. Now a smaller window needs to be installed. However before that can happen a little bit of a wall needs to built. Which has already been started.
It is 5.6 concrete blocks high. My question is should this be built like a wall or a pillar/post as its only a block width? I'm getting two opinions and it's doing my head in. One guy (he is a known builder) insists on a cavity whilst other says no cavity and treat it as if you're building a pillar cos you're supporting above room
(See pic) at the mo it's a cavity.
Advice please.
Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back