pilot light is not alight and thermocouple is changed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would appreciate your feedback on this matter. My boiler is alsmot 20 year old conventional boiler (Make - Economist Myson). It was working fine until Tuesday this week. the only problem was some of the raditors were no gettiong hot. Hence, I was advised to carry out power flush. I have instructed the compay called as "Heat Assist" to do poer flush. they did it and suddenly pilot is not working anymore. I called them but they were not very helpful and said its not my problem. I have tried to light the pilot and changed the Thermocouple as well. However, the pilot turns on but doesnt stay alight. What might be the problem? I have been advised that the "Over Heat stat cable" (not sure whether it is a correct part nameor not) may need changing. I am planning to change boiler but in the interim wants to fix the problem urgently. Please can you help me please. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
You could bridge it out (very) temporary to see if its the stat faulty would probably be the easiest.

Otherwise, could be tip not in the pilot light, nut not tightened on the gas valve from the thermocouple or the gas valve itself, rarely the gas valve though.

Please dont play with gas if youre not safe to do so??? Not sure of forum etiquette regarding this but you shouldnt be re instating a gas appliance if youre not qualified to do so

Sponsored Links
Power flush and pilot tripped out on overheat stat.
Yes its related and they should have come back out to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back