pilot light on Ideal E Type rs model 60n

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Had a new gas meter fitted,and the pilot light on my old Ideal E Type rs model 60N now wont stay on.I change the therocoupling,still wont work.Been suggested its the gas valve,any ideas welcome.
thanks mike

Sponsored Links
Not unusual for an etype to have a dirty pilot.
Is the pilot playing correctly on the t/couple , especially when main burner kicks in and is not pulling away from it :?:

Not being funny but if you can`t understand something as basic as that in regards what a pilot and t/couple do best get someone in.

It may be gas valve but what i have suggested needs checking first before spending a few bob on a gas valve

Sponsored Links
It's the way you write em big boy. I struggled at first to understand what you were saying.

You need a full stop after pilot and 'is the pilot' before 'playing' and finally a :?:

It's the way you write em big boy. I struggled at first to understand what you were saying.

You need a full stop after pilot and 'is the pilot' before 'playing' and finally a :?:

Would you not drop in the :?: after t/couple?

What i dont understand is,why the pilot light wont work after a new gas meter was fitted.It worked fine before.Also can i fit the gas valve myself(ive found the part)and get it gorgi checked after?.
thanks mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back