Pin Holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Keep getting called out to fix pin holes in 22mm main in barn conversion. It's a big property with four bathrooms and unvented cylinder. Leaks only seem to be happening on the 22mm. There appear to be many green 'spores' on the pipe so renewal of the whole main is going to happen at some stage. Owner says the conversion was done in 1994 and the general standard of the installation seems quite good. I know that excessive flux use can cause this,but could there be other issues? Only the cold main is affected at the moment. Any suggestions gents?

Sponsored Links
once it starts to pinhole i would renew the lot.

youcan fix 1 bit an 2 seconds later another bit appears due to you moving the pipe.

had to do a 3 story block of flats a couple years ago from the incoming main to the attic.Turned out to be a doddle tho just fed plastic down

OOI, is the water aggressive? pumped well or something? it isn't old enough to be that copper-plated steel pipe, is it?

Flippin` eck John , I put that stuff in as an apprentice -1970 ;)

Sponsored Links
that was after you retired from your previous job, then?

I'm only a DIY plumber but I've had a pinhole bring a ceiling down. I believe they are small spots of impurities in the copper, which eventually rust away.

yeh i had a similar prob on a job turned out to be a acidic supply from pumped well .renew in plastic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back