Pineboard Revisted.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thanks to all those who offered advice previously on the subject of pineboard.

As promised, here's the update;

I picked up two sheets, had them cut in half, stuck them in the back of my car and then drove for an hour and a half home.

So, I thought that you would be interested to know that the 10mm is easy to work with, does not cup and split in the way that the redwood plank did previously, and most importantly, has a flexibility that is super to work with when making a small item.

It beats plankwood 'hands down' - well it certainly beats the plankwood that I used (which was hand picked by one of the staff from a very reputable timber merchant).

Hope this information is useful to someone, and thanks for the previous replies which helped me to make the decision to use pineboard.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your feedback billy billy :D :D

realy nice and helpfull when people appreciate help they have been given
and even better when they share the results :D :D
i look forward to the finnished pictures ;)

Well, thank you for your discerning and valuable input, Big All.

I'm sure that I'll have a few more questions in the weeks to come and will look forward to using this site again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back