Pipe Clamp / Clip Options - Unistrut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for recommendations of pipe clamp/clip 'systems' for fixing copper pipes to a wall. Somewhere previously I've seen a photo of an installation using what looked to me like a Unistrut based system. I can't find the photo now, but it looked tidy.

A search on Google brings up a number of unistrut options and so some personal recommendations would be useful. Obviously I can screw individual clips to the wall, but this is fiddly and a few strips of 'unistrut' would give more flexibility and probably allow for a neater job when there a few pipes running in close proximity.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Unistrut is good for fixing larger pipes if theres a lot of them, what are you installing?

Another option would be munsen rings, on female back plates if you need larger spacings from the wall

Unistrut is good for fixing larger pipes if theres a lot of them, what are you installing?

Another option would be munsen rings, on female back plates if you need larger spacings from the wall

The munsen rings are an option screwed onto battens fixed to the wall. I imagine that the unistrut option gives some more flexibility during installation because the clips can be adjusted along the channel.

Sponsored Links
unistrut is fantastic. bit of a waste if your running a pair of 15's though. ideal for this sort of job.

monewden.jpg

Whats the installation

Installation is nothing special from a professional point of view; an Avanta 18S and a Santon unvented cylinder (with all relevant works done by a GSF and G3 registered engineer).

Assuming I can get small quantity at a reasonable cost I'll go for some 21mm deep channel and some clamps with threaded standoffs. Like the photos show it allows for a neat job.

That cylinder is a direct cylinder,dual immersion with solar coil.

It's not the weather to be putting solar in, so come the new year the solar will go in.

Cylinder is a preheat,through the intasol valve it, dependent upon temp either feeds directly to the taps or as preheated water into the combi.

You would either have to get it from abroad via the net

or in my case,as a remeha commissioning engineer(commercial) I'll have a word in someones ear. ;)

You would either have to get it from abroad via the net

or in my case,as a remeha commissioning engineer(commercial) I'll have a word in someones ear. ;)

I was going to order from Holland one next week, but a UK source would be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back