Pir light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have moved house and have lost my diagram for fitting my pir outside light,I am a bit lost with the wiring if any one could help that would be great.To me it looks like I have too many wires!

Sponsored Links
How can we tell?

Post us a picture of the terminal block on the PIR light, and a picture of the wires, that might be a start.

Mind you a wire is a wire. It can be brown, red yellow, black blue etc. But the colour, on its own, gives no indication as to what the wire does. Do you have a multimeter, or a proper two-probe test device?

Sponsored Links
Did you tell your buyer and/or his solicitor that you would be taking it?

Did you make the wiring which you left behind safe?

Just don't comment if you have no help to offer,what I did or didn't do with my house is no concern of yours !

No concern of mine?

Possible fraud and possible dangerous electrical legacies are the concern of EVERYONE in society.

If you did rip off your buyer, lie to him, leave him with electrical dangers, then you deserve to be criticised for it.

*yawn*. Anyway back to the op.

Two blues from the light and pir together. Connect these to the black from the house.

Connect the brown from the light to the red of pir.

Brown from the pir to red from the mains.

If that doesn't work, swap the red and the brown wires from the pir over.

Leave the earth connected as it is.

Very strange person to assume someone would leave their property in this way,did it never enter your thought process that the lights were all replaced!does not even matter please feel free to block me as your comments and lack of help are not welcome !

Very strange person to assume someone would leave their property in this way,
People do.

People leave houses with not one light bulb in them.

People remove fixtures and fittings when they are obliged to leave them.

People leave bare live wires sticking out of walls and ceilings.

I knew someone once who moved into a house and found he had no water - it had been turned off at the stopcock. He turned it on, and found that not one tap had a washer in it. After he had sorted that out it wasn't very long before he found that the cistern in the loft had no float, and had had the overflow pipe blocked.

did it never enter your thought process that the lights were all replaced!
What did not enter my thought process was to assume that you had, or had not, done any particular thing.

What did enter it was to ask.

Possible then it is,however it all comes down to how you hold yourself in a community and what type of person you are and how you deal with people.
" Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back