PIR Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI guys i wired 2 PIR lights in parellel and took the supply from a 10Amp MCB from the consumer unit, from thios MCB another 2 PIR lights are also connected. My problem is these lights are staying on and wont go off, they are very cheap lights and i am going to replace them , my question is. is my wiring effecting their performance. The twin and earht cable is coming from the fuseboard to the first light and looped onto the second light, is it ok to feed the light with a flex instead of the twin and earth.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
I understand having two PIR lights on the same circuit can sometimes cause problems like this (although it shouldn't). You could always try replacing them with more reputable fittings.

The description you give for the wiring sounds ok.

I understand having two PIR lights on the same circuit can sometimes cause problems like this (although it shouldn't). You could always try replacing them with more reputable fittings.

The description you give for the wiring sounds ok.

I presume its just the fittings and im going to firstly replace them after that ill check my wiring. I ve wired the supply into a junction box and feed the lights via a flew for comestics, i dont think this should effect it though, im going to change the lights anyway, what would be a reasonable amount of money to pay for a decent fitting.

Sponsored Links
I changed those fittings to slightly more expensive fittings. worked fine wired in parrellel, the previous fittings had been there two years and were extremely cheap fittings.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back