PIR problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive build a new extension and i require a extra PIR.

I have bought a Honywell Active8 PIR it has 8 terminals marked:
1 EOL
2 TAMPER
3 TAMPER
4 RELAY
5 RELAY
6 EOL
7 12+
8 12 -

I have a existing Texecom premier 24 panel and inside it it has 8 zone terminals 7 are occupied and the eighth one has a resister in it.
Please can anyone guide me how to fit this PIR
also i want to fit a external speaker and on the panel it has only 1 terminal SPK- where would the the other cable go from the speaker?

thanx

any info would be apreciated

Sponsored Links
The speaker >

+ Bell & the terminal you mention, it's in the manual if you have one.

the resistor is the eol 2.2k you also need a 4.7 k twist the two legs on the two resistor together and put them in one of the relay terminals the other side of the 4.7k resistor needs to go into the other relay along with your alarm wire the other 2.2k resistor leg goes into the tamper terminal and the other alarm pair wire goes into the other tamper terminal. and power needs to go into 12+ and 12-. OR a pair in the relay contacts a pair in the tamper contacts 12+ and 12- as above and program the spare zone as normally closed and use the global tamper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back