PIR (switches) in parallel?

But what I was getting at, is that not everybody likes the way grid switches look. A bit too office-ish. They certainly look out of place if the other switches in the room aren't the same. But, that's the nearest you'll get to 'normal' looking switches with that range.
Cheers. I must admit I've never used grid switches. In the lobby has an existing double switch controlling interior light and outside light on the house. I assume that could be replaced with a grid switch assembly incorporating those two existing functions plus the wireless switch to the shed. Inside the shed to give a local switch appearance doesn't matter.

However I've still not written off PIR as the best option even if that was only for "approach lighting". I don't think anyone's commented on my initial question, can more than one be installed in parallel?

The requirement is getting a little more immediate, as in a week or so all weekday poultry operations are going to be in the dark both morning and evening, so lighting the work area would be a big benefit. As a temporary measure I've fitted a PIR that I had lying around, and a simple bulb holder. That should give some idea of range and coverage.

Sponsored Links
can more than one be installed in parallel?

As long as the switching of the output is done via a normal relay(not some fancy solid-state thing), then I can't see a reason why they wouldn't work together. The relay isolates the 230v side from the 12 or 24v DC side that the PIR will likely operate on, so no stray 230v should be able to 'back feed' into the other PIR. They would need to be on the same circuit as rocky said.

For a solution specifically designed for multiple PIRs for one 'output', 2 of
http://www.voltek.co.uk/1804B.asp
and a control unit to switch the lamp...
http://www.voltek.co.uk/1803.asp?cat_id=130

You then only need to run some cheap external alarm cable from the control box to the PIRs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back