PIR Switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Wondered if you can help, i fitted about 40 pir switches (made by danlers) in a building switching fluorescent loads.

Some of the PIR's are controlling just 1 x twin fluorescent load and others are controlling multiple twin fluorescents, my problem is the pir's controlling the multiple lights don't turn the off. The manufactures have made several modifications to try and solve the problem, my customer is now giving me a month to solve the problem or face giving them a refund, which I cant afford.

Has anyone else had any experience with the PIR switches?? Im tempted to try a different manufactures pir switch to see it will work.

Any ideas??

Ps the pir switches are ceiling mounted

Sponsored Links
It might be that the high inrush currents of the multiple fluorescent loads has 'welded' the switching contacts together within the PIR. What is the rated switching capacity of the PIR? and is there any mention of derating the swithcing capacity if used with fluorescent loads? If this is the case then an easy fix would be to use the PIR to switch an over-rated contactor, which will in turn switch the load.

Ok this link may help,

Loading: 6 amps (1500W) of any type of load (including fluorescent lights and fans)

[code:1]http://www.danlers.co.uk/pir/celo.html[/code:1]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back