Pirated OS

Sponsored Links
I did read in the Computer mags that XP does by default send info on your PC but that they left the facility to turn off the option. Is thios still true?

Im not totally sure.

People always go on about microsoft software sending info to and from your computer once you connect to the net. You can disable some of the 'services' which can give you peace of mind.
Its not the nicest of thoughts knowing that you are being basically spied on. I wouldnt use my computer whilst connected to the internet without a firewall.

vivalefrench said:
Im not totally sure.

People always go on about microsoft software sending info to and from your computer once you connect to the net. You can disable some of the 'services' which can give you peace of mind.
Its not the nicest of thoughts knowing that you are being basically spied on. I wouldnt use my computer whilst connected to the internet without a firewall.
True it's not nice to be spied on but look at it from their point of view they are just looking to see if all the software is authenticated and not pirated it's not a case of infringed human rights here but a case of turning off services or help for those that havn't paid for the service.

Sponsored Links
vivalefrench said:
Im not totally sure.

If they were going to disable any services or collect information, they would surely do it during the activation conversation, where a firewall would be of little use.

Back