Placing a radiator near the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

One of our radiators has broken and needs replacing, this is also an opportunity to get a bigger radiator as the muppet that installed it had no idea how much heat the room needed (in a 17' x 10' room they installed a 0.68Kw radiator, not clever).

Anyway, the room requires 1.5-2.0Kw by my estimation and the only real position for the radiator is on the same wall as the boiler itself.

So what we are looking at is a stretch of wall that is ~1.75m x 2.4m high. Bottom left to right would be a 1000w x 600h double panel radiator, a small gap then a small cupboard that houses the gas meter. The boiler itself then sits in the top right corner of the wall. The radiator would not be directly underneath the boiler but it would still be quite close.

Would this be ok or would there be a possibility that the heat from the radiator could cause damage to the boiler?

Sadie.

Sponsored Links
No!
Perry
...and how exactly am I supposed to read that response?

Is that No! to "Would this be ok?" or No! to "would there be a possibility that the heat from the radiator could cause damage to the boiler?"

i speaka da english
fit rad where you want, no prob for boiler or gas meter

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back