planing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, gave myself a problem today, was shooting a veneered oak door in to its lining and planed through to the timber underneath on the lock side, is there anything I can do, like re veneer with iron on edging?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
doubtful m8,maybe try painting on the grain using some stain etc?

I did see a routering cock up covered up well by a chippie that brought some acrilic artist paint in and painted some fake Ash grain on some bare MDF on the edge of some veneered Ash furniture ,Phew that pulled us out of the ****,

Hello all, gave myself a problem today, was shooting a veneered oak door in to its lining and planed through to the timber underneath on the lock side, is there anything I can do, like re veneer with iron on edging?

Cheers

those doors normally state 3-6mm max
really difficult to sort out as any repair is likely to look worse or do more damage :eek:

Sponsored Links
I'd plane it down a little further to the underlying timber.
Then go to another door that had an adequate sizing and railsaw the side off.
Then glue that to the bodged door using masking tape to hold it on.

If no door available then a length of oak run through the planer/thicknesser and trimmed in a similar fashion.

Cheers
The 50mm wide iron on veneer edging should do it, used it on shelving before and gave good result

Thank you all, I spoke to a joiner mate today whom strangely enough did the same thing last week, he used the 50mm veneer and said it worked a treat, thank you all for your responses and ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back