planning application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new neighbour last night told me he has had plans drawn up regarding exstention to his house.Part of this will be one on my side of his house .It will consist of a ground floor room with a 13 foot high pitched roof, it will extend out 5foot past the building line at the rear.The massive brick construction will be 8 foot closer to my house than it is now.I am at present in the process of selling my house which he knows about and I am petrified I am going to lose my purchaser, when he finds out and I will lose the house I am buying.We should be exchanging contracts within the month.Please please help what can I do :(

Sponsored Links
this isnt such a bad thing, some house buyer look at the potential for extending when considering a house for purchase. if they see the neighbouring property having been extended, they would probably think that they could do the same and planning permission wont be a problem.

That’s the way to approach it, an optimistic glass half full rather than half empty! ;)

Sponsored Links
Why is this going to affect your sale? I think you are worrying too much

I'd agree with Woody, not least because there's pretty much nothing you can do about it.

So why worry about what you can't affect?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back