planning permission,,,how to get it and what it costs???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,,,can any of you builders or property lads tell me how to go about getting outline planning permission???,,,is it something you can easily apply for yoyrself or do you have to employ an architect???,,,and roughly how much would it cost,,,i can remember years ago it was only in the hundreds of pounds but someone told me recently the price had skyrocketed these days???,,,any advice greatly appreciated..........

Sponsored Links
hello,,,can any of you builders or property lads tell me how to go about getting outline planning permission???,,,is it something you can easily apply for yoyrself or do you have to employ an architect???,,,and roughly how much would it cost,,,i can remember years ago it was only in the hundreds of pounds but someone told me recently the price had skyrocketed these days???,,,any advice greatly appreciated..........

I suppose it depends on what you are building.

I drew up my own plans for a detached double garage with adjoining storeroom and submitted these myself.

Sponsored Links
Generally it costs a few hundred for an architect to do a walk around survey and another few hundred quid to draw up the plans, then a few hundred quid to get planning permission. If you want to spend the time you could do the walk around yourself and draw out plans and elevations but is it worth your time ? Usually the council will have a generally accepted format that they want plans submitted in but sometimes it's tricky to find that information and you run the risk of having them turned down repeatedly. Personally I would pay not to have to deal with the council as I view them as an irritation, I often get jumped up sh1t jobsworths though where other people get someone that couldn't give a fuk and just passes them on the first run.

Back