Help with what to search for.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me.

What would you search for if you were looking for a new extension or loft conversion or maybe a new build house?

-------------------------------------

I'm setting up a website and I'm interested to know what search terms I'd have to include.

I know that I provide Planning Permission drawings and Building Regulation drawings but would you search for that?

Would you use the word 'plans' instead of 'drawings?

Would you know to search for planning permission or building regulations in the first instance?

Would you automatically search for 'Architect' or maybe 'Builder'? (I'm neither so I'd hate to promote my search terms in a misleading manner)

Would you know or search for an 'Architectural designer'?

If you wanted a loft conversion (for example) would you search for this first?

Would you use the word 'house' or 'home'?

---------------------------------------

As you can see, I've just scratched the surface but it's hard to get inside the head of potential customers when they could be coming to me with varying levels of knowledge.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The answer is - all of the above. Seriously, you will need all of those keywords plus as many misspellings as possible to capture the traffic. Don't limit yourself to a few specific words or you will lose out to the competition.

Good luck :)

I agree 100% with above, you cant have to many keywords, don't waste £££££ with google, when they contact you.
'Yell' can be good if you can get the price right, you get an add & they will sort keywords & you can get statistics or hits, depends on your budget.

I'm supposed to create an entire landing page based on the chosen keyword to have the most success in the rankings but Google would then penalize for the use of duplicate contents.

For example, if I were to optimize a page for "Planning Permission Drawings" and then one for "Planning Permission Plans" then how can my content vary enough within the landing page of each search term without dropping rankings for both.

Sponsored Links
I don't think that page example is optimized with SEO techniques that will allow it to rank highly.

When I worked there 2.5 years ago, the company that was doing the seo & I still think it is the same one, used to get very high rankings.

Do you remember what the keywords were for the rankings?

I've tried to put the page through a variety of keyword tools but they come up as invalid.

However, I tried "construction equipment hire" with London and without and they're page 1 on google but with a different landing page to the one you gave me.

I'll have a look in further detail later and see if I can dissect the page.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Can we take a step back and tell me what you'd initially search for when looking for some architectural drawings for your domestic alterations?

So far, from my keyword research, "House Plans" generally seem to score highly.

DO NOT USE YELL.

A voice of hard-won experience.

Did I mention already do not use/speakwith/pay anything ever to Yell?

DH

Just to clarify what dreadnought was saying,

STEER CLEAR OF YELL!

Also avoid 1 & 1. Unless you enjoy paying good money for awful service, being unable to get hold of CS and finding it impossible to cancel.

Oh, and I'll tell you who else is rubbish, too.

1 & 1.

Sponsored Links
Back