Screwfix or Toolstation searches, missing the paper catalogues.

Seems like most people like the catalogues.

Perhaps because of the difficulty in finding things using the website / app

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Prior to the lock down, Toolstation was a tenner for "next" day delivery, Screwfix was £20.
Have you used Screwfix Sprint? They deliver to you within an hour for £5 (allegedly). Haven't used iit myself yet.

Prior to the lock down,
Before the scamdemic if you ordered something in person at Screwfix and they didn't have stock, they would get it for you from another branch and send you a text when it was ready to collect (from the branch where you ordered) which was usually the next day. Post scamdemic they no longer do that; they tell you which branches have stock and expect you to go there yourself.

Have you used Screwfix Sprint? They deliver to you within an hour for £5 (allegedly). Haven't used iit myself yet.

Yes, once. Was it worth it? Well it Stopped the hired help disappearing for the rest of the day (reminder of going to the stores for a long weight (wait)).
The ordered stuff came within the hour but having ordered we couldn't add to the order - don't know if that has changed.

I have recently received a postal voucher for a one off Sprint delivery. Thanks for reminding me, it is in my pocket. I may try it tomorrow.

To be honest, although I am currently only working about 1.5 miles from the nearest Screwfix, I don't drive, so a fiver for something that I need in a hurry is a no brainer. A bus to the Brentford branch and back would take about 50 mins (including the time in store).

Sponsored Links
I know exactly what you mean Malx - I don't think the search option on their websites is any good (or Wickes either)! Like Blup, I always do a Google search instead. If you go on the "shopping" tab on Google and also do the "What's Nearby" filter, you tend to get options coming through you don't get on their websites

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313-164138~2.png
    Screenshot_20230313-164138~2.png
    381 KB · Views: 42
hex drill bits, hex hss drill bit sets, hss drill bit sets then got the ar*e.
I too have struggled looking for those very things. About 6 years ago I got a really good Erbauer set that came in a sort of book shaped zip case with foam inside..

Can I find them now? No chance..

Post scamdemic they no longer do that; they tell you which branches have stock and expect you to go there yourself.
The last few I've been in have offered to next day some items, but not from another branch - central warehouse or nothing!

I too have struggled looking for those very things. About 6 years ago I got a really good Erbauer set that came in a sort of book shaped zip case with foam inside..

What these?? Can't find them anywhere....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_193025_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_193025_Chrome.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: CBW
Searching on Screwfix or Toolstation can be hopeless.

sometimes I do a Google search and get to the item that way.

Toolstation still have paper catalogue.
Not sure Screwfix do?
Screwfix really pushing app but no item share is a pain.
Toolstation give me goods without a word spoken but a smile. They know me.
Screwfix is totally different. Got to type numbers in machine or verify yourself. They are so different. Be lost without them though
I haven't bought a thing from SF since they started that typing nonsense...

Sponsored Links
Back