Screwfix rubbish

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
I am right, I am always right, I cannot be wrong, nobody elses view can be right if different than mine. The result of a poll is only right if I get what I want, everyone else is of limited intelligence especially if they read the Mail or disagree with me on Europe. Nothing can be right unless perceived as such by me..
If you really think that that's what my positions boil down to then you are seriously lacking in comprehension skills. There's little point in me trying to point out that your analysis is flawed - during this exchange you have accused me of vilifying youir comments and changing your wording. Both times I asked you to show me where, and both times you failed to do so, so I don't think you're paying attention.

AdamW said:
But this does not change anything, seeing as the discussion ended a whole 15 hours and 16 minutes ago. Don't you remember? We declared that I am right and you are wrong.
You're still treating this as a game. You are despicable.

Sponsored Links
vilify

\Vil"i*fy\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Vilified; p. pr. & vb. n. Vilifying.] [L. vilis vile + -fly; cf. L. vilificare to esteem of little value.] 1. To make vile; to debase; to degrade; to disgrace. [R.]

When themselves they vilified To serve ungoverned appetite. --Milton.

2. To degrade or debase by report; to defame; to traduce; to calumniate. --I. Taylor.

The word you changed was neither and I did tell you.

You have not broken down my analysis because you know it is true.

I have had enough now, you are being unreasonable.

ban-all-sheds said:
You're still treating this as a game.

Well, I started off treating it as a discussion (as did everyone else). As all intelligent people always do, I started off looking from both sides of the debate. I really have no opinion as to whether or not I support the death penalty. I do not object on your opinion (right or wrong). What I object to is your rudeness and your offensiveness to all who disagree with your opinion.

The reason I may appear to have taken sides against you is that I was hoping to encourage you to consider your stance instead of just lambasting everyone who doesn't agree with you. There is a time and a place for preaching, it is called Sunday at Speakers' Corner.

Towards the end I was demonstrating how childish and ignorant one appears when refusing to appreciate alternative views.

You are despicable.

Hardly.

Look chaps ... Is this thread getting a little personal, all round ?

We all usually get on pretty well, considering the awkward method of communication ... life's a little too short ... well, for me anyway.

P

I would prefer to get on with Ban. I have no problem with him.

However for someone who is clearly quite bright he was acting unreasonable, to the point of being silly.

As far as I am concerned this subject is over. I would like to think we would converse again, albeit in a sensible manner. I agree with you pipme and I don't hold grudges.

Clearly:

A forum is a place to air and discuss one's opinions, and to receive and debate those opinions which may not agree with one's own.

My personal belieif, having studied this thread with great interest, is that Ban is wrong.

NOT because he opposes the death penalty... Because for the most part, I share his stance...

NOT for any of his views on Europe.. Because for the most part, I share his stance...

But because he is so unwilling to accept that he may be wrong, on any count. That, to me, is called "pig-headedness".

Oink.

But let's not offend the UK's large porcine population on top of everything else, hey?

Sponsored Links
Back