Toolstation/Screwfix ETC asking for postcode.

Sponsored Links
when i dont think my name should be given i am first name --big surname --all so any letters with my alias are probably from the last place i gave my alias

Last edited:
If you're worried, just memorise any name and address and use that all the time.

Sponsored Links
It's the way it's all going. In the near future, Russia will hack us and stop all vehicles in their tracks, fridges will refuse to let you put anything unhealthy in them, blow up dolls will feed back your favourite sexual position to the central acme blow up doll database etc etc. The more electronic we become ...

And, unless you're kind of off grid, there's less and less you can do about it if you want to function in a modern society.

Someone rang me and asked me to confirm my DOB. I knew damn ****ing well they didn't have it and were fishing for it. I told them if they told me what day I was born on, I would confirm my DOB.
And when he couldn't answer, I put the phone down

it’s jolly handy to register online accounts with screwfix and toolstation - then you can order before you go, that way you know it’s in stock + being registered means you can always search your history and find your purchase history.

What?, you've given them your postcode?, men in black cars will be outside your gaff in the morning.
Seriously though, yes, register, order online, click and collect, wtf is wrong with that?

If buying from a shop and they ask for postcode I just give it to them so they can check the address I give them. Don't have a problem as they could always look it up on the electoral roll if they really wanted to find out. When they ask for my email address for the receipt I simply say, "An email address at my age? Do I really look young enough to know about that stuff? I'll just have a paper one please." :LOL:
Though the girl in Halfords did look a little stumped when I said that last Saturday for 2 brake light bulbs. After faltering for a second or two the guy behind the till with her simply leaned over, pressed a button and said, "There you go sir."

Some of this postcode stuff is so they can identify areas for letter box leaflets etc?

Some of this postcode stuff is so they can identify areas for letter box leaflets etc?

Ok, enough!!

A friend of ours is an areas manager for one of the two outfits

The reason they ask for postcode and email address at times is = MARKETING = FACT

Marketing IE sees who is visiting the Westminster store and from how far afield etc. Then they plan if they need a new store or store removed. I often get toolstation post/promotions less so screwedfixed.

Please do not bother thanking me.

Sponsored Links
Back